Call to meeting February 27th, and a preview of things to come.
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend our social meeting Feb 6th. I look forward to seeing you all, and hopefully many more, at our regular business meeting Feb 27th @ 6PM (with a potluck in person at 5:30 at 402 S 3rd St in Yakima.)
A few things to consider, as we start moving into the next phase of our growth as an organization:
- We need to be reaching out to local organizations so that our members can be fully engaged in our surrounding communities. If you know of local organizations that are out there doing good, please pass along contact information so that we can add their events to our calendar, coordinate attendance of our members at their meetings, and boost their signal to the larger community.
- We need to get back into the habit of doing community service. Remember things like self-care packages for the homeless, community rummage sales, and pancake breakfasts? A lot of work got lost in the era of COVID, but as we move past that time, we can get back into doing these great things for our community.
- The time to begin recruiting candidates and fundraising for the next election is now. We are already seeing Republicans, both nationally and locally, fundraising and strategizing for the next 4 years.
- We have committees that need to be staffed! If you are interested in fundraising, events, PCO/Leadership, candidate recruitment and support, volunteers or communications, there is a role for you in the central leadership of our organization. You may assume that there is someone else more motivated and qualified: as humans, we often feel like imposters when we are called on to serve. But if you’re reading this, this message is for YOU! Your support is needed to make us the most effective that we can be.
- Our work on racial equity and social justice is just beginning- and becoming more active as an organization is the first step!
I’m so excited for everything that is to come this year, and hope you will be a big part of it!
Wednesday, February 15th and Thursday, February 16th: Community event: One America Phone Bank to support SB5109 (Unemployment insurance for undocumented workers) (LINK)
Monday February 20th: Community event- PLANNED PARENTHOOD LOBBYING DAY- contact email@example.com for details
Friday, February 24th: Community event- Prayers for Ukraine- Millennium Plaza @5pm
Monday, February 27th: 6:00 Business Meeting (In person and Zoom)
Potluck at 5:30 in person, before the meeting. (Zoom Link)
Monday, March 6th: 6:00 Social Hour for Social Justice (bring a treat or appetizer to share)
Monday, March 27th: 6:00 Business meeting (in person and Zoom)
Potluck at 5:30 in person, before the meeting
Don’t forget- we can’t keep the doors open and the lights on without your help. Please donate if you can.
Our mailing address is: Yakima County Democrats 402 S 3rd St Yakima, WA 98901-2834