MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Stay tuned until the end!
Since it was first leaked earlier this week, the Supreme Court’s draft decision overturning Roe v. Wade has been at the forefront of everyone’s mind. We must turn anger into action, and renew our commitment to electing Democrats who will continue to safeguard abortion access in Washington state. It must be done in every race and every place.
Campaigns are beginning to kick off statewide, and it will take all of us to get our incredible Democratic candidates, like Sen. Patty Murray and Rep. Kim Schrier, across the finish line. By working together, we can accomplish that and more.
WORKING FOR WASHINGTON
As you know, Washington state is a leader in progressive politics and effective campaign techniques. And next week, we’ll have the opportunity to show that to Democrats from across the nation, as all 57 state and territory parties head to Seattle for the Association of State Democratic Committees’ second quarterly meeting for 2022.
Our deep pride for this party and the Evergreen State also led us to apply to be considered to host an early presidential primary. We completed the first step, but there are many more in order to make this a reality, and will keep you updated throughout.
DEMOCRATS IN THE NEWS
Washington Democrats gathered in Kerry Park after a draft decision from the U.S. Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was leaked. Leaders said they plan to “fight like hell” to ensure continued abortion access in the state.
The Washington State Democratic Party officially entered the race to become one of the first five states to host an early presidential primary in 2024. To be selected, states must demonstrate diversity, competitiveness, and feasibility. A decision will be made by early August.
The Washington State Democratic Party joined 52 other Democratic state parties in condemning the Supreme Court’s intention to overturn Roe v. Wade following the draft decision’s link. The organizations called on Congress to codify Roe immediately.
Find additional news and more on our website and social media!
This week, we welcomed Austin Christofferson to our ever-growing party staff! He will serve as our campaign operations manager.
We’re building a top-notch team, who will help us Get out the Vote in every race and every place in Washington state. Know of anyone who’d make a great addition to our staff? Tell them to visit wa-democrats.org/jobs to learn more. And stay tuned for additional announcements!
SAVE THE DATE
Association of State Democratic Committees Meeting
- State parties across the nation will head to Seattle May 11-13 for the Association of State Democratic Committees’ second quarterly meeting for 2022.
Washington State Democratic Convention
- Join us for our party’s annual convention June 24-25 at the Tacoma Convention Center. More information will be released soon, including the names of our VIP guests!
For the week of May 6-12:
- Kitsap County Canvass – Bremerton, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 7
- Pierce County Canvass – Gig Harbor, 10 a.m. to noon May 7
- Thurston County Canvass – Olympia, 10 a.m. to noon May 7
- Pierce County Virtual Phonebank – Tacoma, 1 to 3 p.m. May 7
- King County Canvass – Seattle – Remote Launch, 1 to 4 p.m. May 8
- Pierce County Canvass – Remote Launch, 1-4 p.m. May 8
- King County Virtual Phone Bank – Covington, 2 to 4 p.m. May 8
- Kitsap County Canvass – Bremerton, 3 to 6 p.m. May 10
- Kitsap Peninsula Virtual Phone Bank – 26th LD, 5 to 7 p.m. May 10
- Kitsap Peninsula Canvass – PCOs, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 11
- Kitsap County Canvass – Port Orchard, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. May 11
- Clallam County Virtual Phone Bank, 5 to 7 p.m. May 12
Learn what’s happening in your neck of the woods HERE.
From now until November, we have to mobilize every Democratic voter in Washington state — and we need your help to accomplish that. Join our incredible team of volunteers!
The Washington State Democratic Party, together with the DNC Best Practices Institute, are excited to announce the launch of our 2022 Train the Trainer (T3) Webinar Training Program!
T3 is a free six-week, twelve-part webinar course, covering several aspects of grassroots campaigning. This program seeks to expand the skills of progressive activists and volunteers, by ensuring that comprehensive training is free and accessible for Democrats all over the country.
The T3 trainings are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 p.m. PST May 24 to June 30. The deadline to register is May 22 at 8:59 p.m. PST. Register HERE today!
Keep in touch, stay engaged, and as always, thank you for all you do!
Chair Tina Podlodowski Washington State Democratic Party
Washington State Democrats PO Box 4027 Seattle, WA 98194 United States