MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
ATTN. PCOs: Canvassing season is upon us, as campaigns begin to kick off statewide. It’s time to get back in our communities, knock some doors, and rally together to support our incredible Democratic candidates running for office across Washington.
Do you have any questions or concerns about canvassing? Let us know HERE. We want to hear from you, and make sure you have the tools you need to succeed this election cycle!
EVERY RACE, EVERY PLACE
You know the stakes are high this election year, and we can’t afford to lose any seat at any level of office in any corner in the state. This is why we’re launching a new initiative emphasizing the importance of all local races happening throughout Washington called, “Every Race, Every Place.” Because if we are to ever truly build a sustainable future, pass protections for reproductive rights, and create an equitable state, then Democrats have to win in “Every Race, Every Place.” The only way to do that is together.
As part of this campaign, we’d love for you to send us a 15-20 second video on why you are a Democrat for social media. Submissions or questions can be sent to our digital manager, Megan Simmons, at email@example.com. Our values are what connect us to this party. Let’s show others just how proud we are to be Democrats in Washington state.
DEMOCRATS IN THE NEWS
- Sen. Patty Murray blocked an effort by Republicans to reinstate the Trump-era Title X gag rule. It previously barred any provider in the Title X network — the nation’s only federally funded program dedicated to providing affordable birth control and other sexual and reproductive health services — from mentioning abortion care to patients. The effort died in the Senate 49-49.
- Under Washington state’s new transit program, anyone 18 years old and younger will soon ride for free, thanks to state Sen. Marko Liias.
- Congressman Marilyn Strickland introduced a slate of bills in the House Armed Services Committee to increase military access to affordable housing.
Find additional news and more on our website and social media!
This week, we welcomed Soumyo to our growing party staff! He will serve as the regional field director for Southwest Washington.
We’re building a top-notch team, who will help us Get out the Vote in every race and every place in Washington state. Know of anyone who’d make a great addition to our staff? Tell them to visit wa-democrats.org/jobs to learn more. And stay tuned for additional announcements!
SAVE THE DATE
Association of State Democratic Committees Meeting
- State parties across the nation will head to Seattle May 11-13 for the Association of State Democratic Committees’ second quarterly meeting for 2022.
Washington State Democratic Convention
- Join us for our party’s annual convention June 24-25 at the Tacoma Convention Center. More information will be released soon, including the names of our VIP guests!
For the week of April 30-May 5:
- Pierce County Phonebank – Puyallup, 1-3 p.m. April 30
- Kitsap County Canvass – Bremerton, 3-6 p.m. May 3
- Kitsap Peninsula Canvass – PCOs, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 4
- King County Virtual Phonebank – Covington, 5-7 p.m. May 4
- South Puget Sound Virtual Phonebank with Chair Tina Podlodowski and Congressman Derek Kilmer, 5-7 p.m. May 4
Learn what’s happening in your neck of the woods at wa-democrats.org/organizingevents!
The Washington State Democratic Party, together with the DNC Best Practices Institute, are excited to announce the launch of our 2022 Train the Trainer (T3) Webinar Training Program!
T3 is a free six-week, twelve-part webinar course, covering several aspects of grassroots campaigning. This program seeks to expand the skills of progressive activists and volunteers, by ensuring that comprehensive training is free and accessible for Democrats all over the country.
The T3 trainings are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 p.m. PST May 24 to June 30. The deadline to register is May 22 at 8:59 p.m. PST. Register HERE today!
Keep in touch, stay engaged, and as always, thank you for all you do!
Chair Tina Podlodowski
Washington State Democratic Party
Washington State Democrats PO Box 4027 Seattle, WA 98194 United States