[See the Web Log for prior Announcements]
More likely than not, you have already heard the terrible news: Our Spokane County Democrats were the victims of an attempted bombing of their headquarters yesterday. Thankfully, no one was hurt, and the suspect is now in police custody.
A small group of our dedicated and hardworking volunteers were doing socially distanced clean-up work when an individual entered their office with a large backpack. He then gave one of our volunteers what he called a “manifesto” instructed her to spread it on social media, and announced that he had a bomb. Thinking quickly, the volunteers were able to evacuate the building safely and dial 911. Unfortunately, however, the attacker set a fire, and there is now extensive damage to our Spokane headquarters.
While we don’t know exactly what this person claimed in his “manifesto,” this is an awful reminder of how the violent, divisive, and hateful rhetoric plaguing our current political environment can have real-life consequences. Our hearts go out to everyone who was directly affected by this awful incident. As a party, the absolute least we can do is help them pick up the pieces. That is why we are raising funds that will directly support the Spokane County Democrats in their rebuilding efforts. I urge you to give whatever you can today:
Thank you so much for all of your support during this difficult time. We are so blessed to have you with us, and we will get through this together.
The Benton County Democratic Central Committee has elected its new slate of officers for the 2020-2022 Term. These are as follows:
- Chair – Judi Johannesen
- First Vice Chair – Allison Dabler
- Second Vice Chair – Dori Luzzo-Gilmour
- State Committee Member – Kate Moran
- State Committee Member – Sabastian Marichalar
- Secretary – Marjorie Kaspar
- Treasurer – Alisha Durga Victorine
Our congratulations to these worthy folks.
And our grateful thanks go to all those who did the good work in the 2018-2020 Term.
8th LD Reorganization
On December 5, 2020, the 8th Legislative District Democrats elected officers for the next 2 years. They are the following:
- Christopher Tracy, Chair
- Shir Regev, Vice Chair
- Brent Kirby, Treasurer
- Cait Guyette, Secretary
- Jayce Wright, State Committee Person
- Sarah Kennedy, State Committee Person
On November 18, 2020, some minor changes were adopted to add the office of Second Vice-President to our list of officers.
The Benton County Democratic Central Committee encourages EVERYONE to protect their family and neighbors by wearing their masks in public.
Thank you to all the folks who ran for Precinct Committee Officer. Here is a link to our new list of PCO’s for the 2021-2022 biennium. These Elected PCO’s will constitute the voting members for the selection of officers for the 2021-2022 biennium at our Reorganization meeting after this year’s election season. If you wish to become an officer of the Benton County Democratic Central Committee, this list of people are the ones who will be making those selections.
Those PCO candidates who were not elected may certainly be appointed during or after the Reorganization meeting to be Acting PCO in a nearby precinct which does not have a PCO. .
Petition to Recall Sheriff Jerry Hatcher
BALLOT SYNOPSIS OF RECALL CHARGES AGAINST FERRY HAT’CHER, BENTON COUNJY SHERIFF
The charges that Jerry Hatched, Benton County Sheriff, commiitted misfeasance, malfeasance, and/or violated his oath of office allege that he:
- Illegally appropriated for his own use 14 cases of ammunition be)onging to Benton County.
- Illegally tampered with physical evidence by directing the distribution of ammunition that was potential evidence of his own alleged unlawful acts.
- Interfered in an investigation into his conduct by acting to prevent witnesses from being interviewed.
- Violated county anti-discrimination policy by hindering an investigation into his conduct and retaliating against the complainant and witnesses to the investigation.
- illegally intimidated public servants and witnesses in investigations into his conduct by raising false allegations of impropriety and threatening witnesses’ jobs.
- Illegally made false or misleading statements to law enforcement and the court regarding the number of firearms he needed to surrender pursuant to a court order.
- Illegally made false or misleading Statements to public servants claiming that he had initiated a criminal investigation into his own conduct when he had not.
- Falsified a public record by placing a false date on an investigation request.
Should Jerry Hatcher be recalled from office based upon these charges?
A new platform for 2020 has been approved. You can see it by tapping or clicking the following link.
Links to recently-approved resolutions have been added to the Documents and Resources page.
|Approved Bylaws, Policy Guide, and Rules |
Revisions to the three governance documents were approved in 2019.