The election to Recall Sheriff Jerry Hatcher is on the August 3 ballot
BALLOT SYNOPSIS OF RECALL CHARGES AGAINST FERRY HAT’CHER, BENTON COUNJY SHERIFF
The charges that Jerry Hatched, Benton County Sheriff, committed misfeasance, malfeasance, and/or violated his oath of office allege that he:
- Illegally appropriated for his own use 14 cases of ammunition belonging to Benton County.
- Illegally tampered with physical evidence by directing the distribution of ammunition that was potential evidence of his own alleged unlawful acts.
- Interfered in an investigation into his conduct by acting to prevent witnesses from being interviewed.
- Violated county anti-discrimination policy by hindering an investigation into his conduct and retaliating against the complainant and witnesses to the investigation.
- illegally intimidated public servants and witnesses in investigations into his conduct by raising false allegations of impropriety and threatening witnesses’ jobs.
- Illegally made false or misleading statements to law enforcement and the court regarding the number of firearms he needed to surrender pursuant to a court order.
- Illegally made false or misleading Statements to public servants claiming that he had initiated a criminal investigation into his own conduct when he had not.
- Falsified a public record by placing a false date on an investigation request.
Should Jerry Hatcher be recalled from office based upon these charges?