MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
It’s officially crunch time! Ballots were mailed out this week and we have just 18 days to go until Election Day. We need everyone to step up and make sure our terrific Democratic candidates have what it takes to win up and down the ticket!
With so many extremely close races we can’t leave anything up to chance and so I want to take a moment to ask every Democrat reading this to complete the “to do list” below and do your part to help terrific candidates statewide:
Your GOTV to do list:
- VOTE right away once you get your ballot– return your ballot once you get it, so we can use valuable resources to turn out other voters. We will continue our work to knock, call or text to get all those ballots in, including yours! SO please, VOTE once you get your ballot (find a drop box near you using this link). If, for any reason, there is an issue with you ballot once you get it, we can help you correct it and get your ballot counted – call our voter hotline for any concerns at 206-309-VOTE
- Make certain your friends and family VOTE as soon as they get their ballots – again, we need every last vote this cycle. Help us! Use social media, dinnertime conversations, coffee shop talks, whatever it takes to make certain folks know they need to vote!
- Join us for GOTV – take at least one shift to door knock (the best) phone bank (good) or text bank (ok) – see the list below and sign up!
Remember – we are the only organization working to turn out every Democratic voter statewide and folks we reach are much more likely to return their ballots than those we don’t.
Let’s make these final days count – please sign up for at least one GOTV shift today!
WORKING FOR WASHINGTON
We hope you will join us tonight at 5pm for a GOTV rally at Seattle Center Armory featuring Senator Elizabeth Warren and terrific leaders like Senator Patty Murray, Governor Jay Inslee, Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, and NARAL President Mini Timmaraju!!
Senator Warren will also join us for another event in Seattle, tomorrow, Saturday, Oct. 22! We will meet in the morning to hear from the candidates before heading out to knock doors to remind our Democratic neighbors that it’s time to vote!
Last but not least, we’re stopping in Spokane Sunday, Oct. 23. So, grab your door-knocking shoes and come support our efforts!
And don’t worry, if you can’t make any of these events, we have more opportunities to get involved right up until election day. Find an event near you at wa-democrats.org/
Speaking of Spokane – TWO debates will be held at Gonzaga University on Sunday the 23rd. FIRST, Democratic Secretary of State Steve Hobbs will square off against challenger Julie Anderson at 3:30pm THEN Senator Murray will be debating MAGA Republican opponent Tiffany Smiley at 5pm. Don’t forget to tune in!
ut most importantly, remember once you get your ballot, to fill it out and send it back! If you have any questions about voting, we’re here to help; our Voter Protection hotline is live at 206-309-VOTE, or 206-309-8683. You can also visit wa-democrats.org/iwillvote for more information.
DEMOCRATS IN THE NEWS
The Columbian’s Editorial Board recommends that Democrat Steve Hobbs remain in office.
These resources will allow the Snohomish Health District to implement a new electronic health record system and telehealth program. DelBene secured the investment in the FY22 federal omnibus funding package.
Gov. Jay Inslee recognized 23 state agency leaders with an annual celebration for outstanding leadership, inclusive excellence and achievement during the 2021 calendar year. The Governor’s Outstanding Leadership Award program was created in 1985 to honor state government leaders who demonstrate excellent performance and leadership.
Democratic incumbent Sen. Emily Randall is being challenged by Republican Rep. Jesse Young in the race for District 26 – the most expensive legislative race in Washington state. Randall and Young faced off in a debate Saturday afternoon at the Norm Dicks Government Center in Bremerton.
“As the only pro-choice woman doctor in all of Congress, I need to make sure, and want to make sure, that it is women and doctors making health care decisions, not the government,” Schrier said.
Schrier is running an ad with a recording of Larkin meeting with Republicans last spring, in which he is heard saying, “I don’t believe in the exceptions for the things you said, rape and incest and things like that.”
Asked under what circumstances abortion should be allowed, Larkin answered, “It’s an instance where both sides compromise and come together and talk about it. This is not a black-and-white issue. It’s just not.”
Find additional news items and more on our website and social media.
GOTV TOUR EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
FRIDAY, OCT. 21
- Seattle GOTV Rally, 5 p.m.
- Special guests: U.S. Sens. Patty Murray and Elizabeth Warren, Gov. Jay Inslee, Rep. Pramila Jayapal, NARAL President Mini Timmaraju, and Chair Tina Podlodowski
SATURDAY, OCT. 22
- Seattle Canvass, 9 a.m.
- Special guests: U.S. Sens. Patty Murray and Elizabeth Warren and Chair Tina Podlodowski
SUNDAY, OCT. 23
- Spokane Canvass, 10:30 a.m.
- Special guests: U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, state Majority Senate Leader Andy Billig, state Rep. Tim Ormsby and candidate Natasha Hill
OTHER VOLUNTEER EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 12:00pm, Oct 24
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 12:00pm, Oct 25
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 12:00pm, Oct 26
- Young Democrats Virtual Phone Bank, 6pm, Oct. 26
- Walla Walla Canvass, 10:00am Oct. 27
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 12:00pm, Oct 27
- Kent Canvass, 10:00am, Oct 29
- Bellingham GOTV Rally and Canvass with Sen. Murray, Gov. Inslee and Tina Podlodowski, 10:0am, Oct 29
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 11:00am, Oct 29
- Wenatchee Cavnass, 12:00pm, Oct 29
- Oak Harbor GOTV Rally and Canvass with Sen. Murray and Tina Podlodowski, 12:00pm, Oct 29
- Grays Harbor County Canvass and Phone Bank, 12:00pm, Oct 29
- Virtual Phone and Text Banking, 11:00am, Oct 30
- Whatcom County Canvass, 11:00am, Oct 30
- Kent Canvass, 10:00am, Oct 30
- Seattle Canvass with Young Dems, 1:00pm, Oct 30
- Lewis County Phone Bank, 2:00pm, Oct 30
Learn more of what’s happening in your neck of the woods and sign up for event alerts HERE.
From now until November, we have to mobilize every Democratic voter in Washington state — and we need your help to accomplish that. Join our incredible team of volunteers today!
Keep in touch, stay engaged, and as always, thank you for all you do!
Washington State Democratic Party
The work we do today wins elections this November. If you’re ready to elect Democrats in every race and every place in Washington state, invest in our efforts and make a contribution now.
Want to support our work year round? Join Blue Washington, our monthly giving program! It is the most effective way to help candidates, volunteers, organizers, activists, and staff because it gives us the certainty we need to scale up our program with confidence. Your monthly investment ensures we can defend our strong legislative majorities, flip key congressional seats from red to blue, and fight for progressive values. Help us lead the way to victories at all levels of government today!
Washington State Democrats PO Box 4027 Seattle, WA 98194 United States