MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Today marks the final day of Candidate Filing Week, and we have an incredible slate of Democrats running at all levels, including many incumbent and first-time candidates. We know how critical it is to retain all of our Democratic majorities, and it’ll take serious effort to do that. At the state party, we’ve been building a top-notch team to make sure we get Democrats elected in every race and every place in Washington state. An integral part of that is our precinct committee officers, who also filed this week. Thank you to those stepping up to serve — and now, the real work begins.
WORKING FOR WASHINGTON
In just a couple of weeks, we’ll kick off the election cycle with our first Day of Action Saturday, June 4, one of many as we continue to build momentum for the upcoming midterm. Across the state, Democrats will knock doors, make calls, and get voters excited about their local candidates.
This is the biggest event we’ve hosted so far in 2022, but we can’t make it happen without you! Invite everyone in your local area to join (register below). If you can’t attend and want to make a contribution to support our efforts, you can donate HERE. And watch for additional events near you.
Remember, the work we do now helps us win in November, so let’s get to it!
DEMOCRATS IN THE NEWS
House passes gasoline price-gouging bill The U.S. House passed a bill from Rep. Kim Schrier to stop gas and oil companies from price gouging, as fuel costs continue to skyrocket at the pump.
After decades defending abortion rights, Patty Murray readies for offense The Washington Post explores Sen. Patty Murray’s decadeslong work to support women’s rights and safeguard access to abortion while in Congress.
Find additional news and more on our website and social media!
This week, we welcomed our new field director, Libby Watson, to the team! She’ll play an integral role in making sure we reach Democratic voters in every place and every race in Washington state.
Why are you a Democrat? That choice seems easier now than ever given the attacks on human rights coming from the other side. I’m a Democrat because I want to see elected officials who create opportunities to thrive for all people, invest in communities, and look out for future generations.
What are you most excited about in your new role with the state party? I’m deeply excited to get back to what we do best after two years of mostly digital organizing- talking to voters face to face and empowering them to turn in their ballots and get involved. Why do you enjoy this work? I love watching a field program grow. Watching passionate volunteers evolve into community leaders is powerful and can change election outcomes.
Know of anyone who’d make a great addition to our staff? Tell them to visit wa-democrats.org/jobs to learn more. And stay tuned for additional announcements!
SAVE THE DATE
Day of Action
- Our first statewide Day of Action is set for Saturday, June 4, where we’ll knock doors, make calls, and get voters excited about local candidates. Right now, events are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in both Vancouver and Issaquah, 10 a.m. to noon in Snohomish, and noon to 2:30 p.m. Tacoma. Stay tuned for more information and add-on locations!
Washington State Democratic Convention
- Join us for our party’s annual convention June 24-25 at the Tacoma Convention Center. More information will be released soon, including the names of our VIP speakers and guests
For the week of May 20-26:
- Kitsap County Canvass – Bremerton, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 21
- Kitsap County Saturday Canvass – North Kitsap, 10 a.m. to noon May 21
- Pierce County Canvass – Gig Harbor, 10 a.m. to noon May 21
- King County Canvass – Kent, 1 to 3 p.m. May 21
- Kitsap County Phone Bank, 1 to 3 p.m. May 21
- Pierce County Virtual Phone Bank – Lakewood, 1 to 3 p.m. May 21
- Kitsap County Saturday Virtual Phone Bank, 2 to 4 p.m. May 21
- King County Virtual Phone Bank – Burien/SeaTac/Des Moines, 1 to 3 p.m. May 22
- Kitsap County Sunday Canvass – North Kitsap, 1 to 3 p.m. May 22
- King County Virtual Phone Bank – Federal Way, 2 to 4 p.m. May 22
- Kitsap County Sunday Virtual Phone Bank, 2 to 4 p.m. May 22
- Kitsap County Canvass – Bremerton, 3 to 6 p.m. May 24
- Kitsap Peninsula Virtual Phone Bank – 26th LD, 5 to 7 p.m. May 24
- Kitsap Peninsula Canvass – PCOs, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 25
- Thurston County Open Virtual Phone Bank, 5 to 7 p.m. May 26
Learn what’s happening in your neck of the woods HERE.
From now until November, we have to mobilize every Democratic voter in Washington state — and we need your help to accomplish that. Join our incredible team of volunteers!
The Washington State Democratic Party, together with the DNC Best Practices Institute, are excited to announce the launch of our 2022 Train the Trainer (T3) Webinar Training Program!
T3 is a free six-week, twelve-part webinar course, covering several aspects of grassroots campaigning. This program seeks to expand the skills of progressive activists and volunteers, by ensuring that comprehensive training is free and accessible for Democrats all over the country.
The T3 trainings are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-5 p.m. PST May 24 to June 30. The deadline to register is May 22 at 8:59 p.m. PST. Sign up HERE today!
Keep in touch, stay engaged, and as always, thank you for all you do!
Chair Tina Podlodowski Washington State Democratic Party
Washington State Democrats PO Box 4027 Seattle, WA 98194 United States