MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Click the image to play the video
There are only FIVE days until the primary, and our team remains hard at work, making sure we mobilize Democratic voters in every race and every place throughout Washington state!
We have so many remarkable Democrats on the ballot — like U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, Secretary of State Steve Hobbs and Congresswoman Kim Schrier — and it’s up to us to ensure they not only cross the finish line Tuesday, but also in November. We have a long list of opportunities below to get involved and help elevate our organizing efforts in the days and months ahead.
With that, we’re keeping it short and sweet this week, because we know now is the time for action. And apart from volunteering with us, the best action you can take is casting your ballot as soon as you can.
If you have questions or concerns about voting, we’re here to help; our Voter Protection hotline is live at 206-309-VOTE, or 206-309-8683. You can also visit wa-democrats.org/iwillvote for assistance.
Remember, democracy is not guaranteed. We have to fight for it, we have to vote, as it’s our most powerful tool. The clock is ticking — don’t delay, find your nearest drop box today!
WORKING FOR WASHINGTON
This weekend marks the end of our statewide 2022 Get Out the Vote tour!
We’ll launch canvasses in Issaquah and Lakewood Saturday, and end with a final event in Vancouver Sunday. Come listen to a number of inspiring Democratic leaders, including U.S. Sen. Patty Murray and Chair Tina Podlodwoski, and help turn out voters for the primary.
We’ve had an incredible time traveling the state these last weeks, and can’t wait to do it once more. If you can’t attend and want to support our organizing efforts, chip in HERE. Every dollar helps!
Democrats, let’s end on a high note. We’ll see you soon!
DEMOCRATS IN THE NEWS
Murray, unions hail passage of CHIPS Act U.S. Senator Patty Murray, AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler, and multiple other union leaders hailed the passage of the CHIPS and Science Act as necessary to strengthen supply chains, invest in American manufacturing and Washington state jobs, and lower the costs of everyday goods that rely on semiconductor chips. The legislation now heads to President Joe Biden for his signature.
Hobbs hits the road to teach about Washington's all-mail election system Secretary of State Steve Hobbs was in the Spokane area Monday, trying to build confidence in a system that has taken a battering in the public arena.
Strickland delivers for the South Sound Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland secured nearly $17 million for nine South Sound community projects and multiple provisions that invest in the environment, and support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in the FY23 House appropriations package.
ICYMI: Some WA Rs vote against protecting contraceptive access, same-sex marriage Late last week, Washington’s three Republican members of Congress voted against legislation intended to protect access to contraception nationwide, just two days after two of the three voted against a bill to protect same-sex marriage.
Washington congressional Republicans vote against protecting contraception access The three Republican members of Washington’s congressional delegation joined 192 other Republicans in opposing the Right to Contraception Act, which allows individuals to obtain and use birth control, and protects a health care provider’s ability to supply contraceptives.
Find additional news and more on our website and social media!
We’re continuing to add to our ever-growing staff! Meet four of our newest hires: Camille Gipaya, Garett Neumann, and Phoebe Keliikupakako. Garett and Camille are field organizers, while Phoebe serves as one of our two digital coordinators. The three are each an integral part of the Coordinated Campaign operation, and we are so excited to have them on board with us!
Want to join our team, or know of someone who’d make a great addition? Current openings:
Visit wa-democrats.org/jobs to learn more.
SAVE THE DATE
Get Out the Vote Tour
Join us for the final leg of our statewide Get Out the Vote tour, as we work to reach Democratic voters in every corner of the state ahead of Tuesday’s primary.
Time: 10:30 a.m.
Special guests: U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, Congresswoman Kim Schrier, Chair Tina Podlodowski, and state Reps. Lisa Callan, Tana Senn, and Bill Ramos
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Special guests: U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, Congressman Derek Kilmer, Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland, Chair Tina Podlodowski, state Reps. Dan Bronoske and Mari Leavitt, and LD 29 House candidate Sharlett Mena
SUNDAY, JULY 31
Date: 9:30 a.m.
Special guests: Chair Tina Podlodowski, state Rep. Monica Stonier, CD 3 candidate Marie Perez, LD 17 House candidates Joe Kear and Terri Niles, and LD 18 House candidates Duncan Camacho and John Zingale
For the week of July 29 to Aug. 4:
- LD 3 Canvass, 4 p.m. July 29
- LD 2 Phone Bank, 4 p.m. July 29
- Vancouver Phone Bank, 5 p.m. July 29
- Southwest Washington Phone and Text Bank, 5 p.m. July 29
- LD 18 Canvass, 5:30 p.m. July 29
- Walla Walla Phone Bank, 6 p.m. July 29
- Cowlitz County Canvass, 10 a.m. July 30
- Vancouver Canvass, 10 a.m. July 30
- Walla Walla Phone Bank, 10 a.m. July 30
- Edmonds Canvass, 11 a.m. July 30
- Everett Canvass, 11 a.m. July 30
- South Hill Canvass, 12 p.m. July 30
- Bellingham Canvass, noon July 30
- Yakima Phone Bank, 2 p.m. July 30
- Tri-Cities Canvass, 2 p.m. July 30
- Pierce County Canvass – East Tacoma, 11 a.m. July 31
- Bothell Canvass w/ Team DelBene, 11 a.m. July 31
- King County Canvass – Snoqualmie, 11 a.m. July 31
- Bellingham Canvass, 11 a.m. July 31
- Spokane County Canvass, noon July 31
- LD 37 Canvass, noon July 31
- Walla Walla Phone Bank, 1 p.m. July 31
- LD 46 Canvass, 2 p.m. July 31
- Statewide Automatic Dialer Phone Bank, 2 p.m. July 31
- Yakima Phone Bank, 2 p.m. July 31
- Tri-Cities Canvass, 2 p.m. July 31
- Langley Canvass, 2:30 p.m. July 31
- Spokane Phone Bank, 4 p.m. July 31
- Bellingham Phone Bank, 5 p.m. July 31
- LD 32 Phone Bank, 5:30 p.m. July 31
- Statewide Automatic Dialer Phone Bank, 10:30 a.m. Aug. 1
- Pierce County Canvass – Lakewood, 11 a.m. Aug. 1
- Yakima Phone Bank, 2 p.m. Aug. 1
- CD 1 Canvass – Bellevue, 2 p.m. Aug. 1Special guest: Congresswoman Suzan DelBene
- Tri-Cities Canvass, 2 p.m. Aug. 1
- King County Canvass – Kent, 4 p.m. Aug. 1
- Special guest: Congressman Adam Smith
- Spokane Phone Bank, 4 p.m. Aug. 1
- Kirkland Phone Bank, 4:30 p.m. Aug. 1Special guests: Congresswoman Suzan DelBene, state Sens. Manka Dhingra and Patty Kuderer, and Chair Tina Podlodowski
- Gig Harbor Canvass, 5 p.m. Aug. 1Special guests: Congressman Derek Kilmer and LD 26 candidate Adison Richards
- Walla Walla and Tri-Cities Phone Bank, 5 p.m. Aug. 1
- LDs 5, 11 and 47 Text and Phone Bank, 5 p.m. Aug. 1
- Lynnwood Canvass, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 1
- LDs 21 and 44 Phone Bank, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 1
- Bremerton Phone Bank, 9:30 a.m. Aug. 2Special guests: Congressman Derek Kilmer and state Sen. Emily Randal
- Yakima Automatic Dialer Phone Bank, 10 a.m. Aug. 2
- Statewide Phone and Text Bank, 10 a.m. Aug. 2
- Gig Harbor Canvass, 1:30 p.m. Aug. 2Special guest: Congressman Derek Kilmer
- Walla Walla and Tri-Cities Phone Bank, 5 p.m. Aug. 3
- Bellingham Canvass, 5 p.m. Aug. 4
Learn more of what’s happening in your neck of the woods and sign up for event alerts HERE.
From now until November, we have to mobilize every Democratic voter in Washington state — and we need your help to accomplish that. Join our incredible team of volunteers!
CONNECTIONS LAB Framing in Action: Common Framing Mistakes | 5 p.m. Aug. 17 Learn the things not to say, as well as ways of pivoting, so voters hear what you really want to say.
Register to attend for free HERE.
Keep in touch, stay engaged, and as always, thank you for all you do!
Washington State Democratic Party
The work we do today wins elections this November. If you’re ready to elect Democrats in every race and every place in Washington state, invest in our efforts and make a contribution now.
Want to support our work year round? Join Blue Washington, our monthly giving program! It is the most effective way to help candidates, volunteers, organizers, activists, and staff because it gives us the certainty we need to scale up our program with confidence. Your monthly investment ensures we can defend our strong legislative majorities, flip key congressional seats from red to blue, and fight for progressive values. Help us lead the way to victories at all levels of government today!
The work we do today wins elections in November. If you’re ready to elect Democrats in every race and every place in Washington state, invest in our efforts and make a contribution now. Consider supporting our work year round by joining our monthly giving program, Blue Washington!
Washington State Democrats PO Box 4027 Seattle, WA 98194 United States