We are a week out from the election, what else is there to say?
GET OUT THE VOTE!!!
That’s what there is to say.
This is it. The final stretch.
Last week, we were expressly reminded of the extremism of MAGA Republicans. If we do not win next week, this is the sort of power we are ceding control to:
The only way we can prevent this is by committing to do everything we can to get Dems to the polls by November 8. Phonebank and textbank. Talk to your neighbors. Offer rides to the polls. And when you’ve made it through your list, do it all over again.
We know it seems repetitive.
We know it can feel like banging your head against a brick wall.
Remember: Last cycle, Biden won Wisconsin by 0.63% and Georgia by 0.23%. That is less than a percentage point in two states where we have vital, air-tight Senate races this year. Every. Single. Vote. Matters.
We have an opportunity to regain control of this country and point towards a better future, don’t let yourself look up November 9 and think “could I have done more?”
With that, here are your weekly to-dos:
Your 5 weekly to-dos
- Click here to RSVP for our national phonebank for Mandela Barnes tomorrow Tuesday, November 1 at 6pm ET/3pm PT. The race for the Senate seat in Wisconsin is incredibly close with polls showing Ron Johnson (who tried to help Trump steal the election) with a slim lead. Calls this week could be the difference between a 1pt win for Johnson or a 1pt win for Barnes. Let’s get out the vote in Wisconsin and hold the Senate.
- Click here to register for our National Post-Election Call on Thursday, November 10 at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Join Indivisibles across the nation as we go over the current status of the election, discuss how Indivisible is preparing to push for change after November, and, most importantly, we’ll celebrate YOU and the tremendous work Indivisible leaders have accomplished in 2022.
- Click here to register to Give No Ground. Click “volunteer” in the top right corner. If you are a part of an Indivisible group, register as a group, if not you can register as an individual. This is where we will do the work for the next eight days to hold the House and achieve a real majority in the Senate. To win, we must get the message out. Give No Ground is our home for opportunities to phonebank, textbank, canvass, postcard, and more so that when November comes around, we can say that we gave it our all for democracy. MAGA Republicans are mobilizing, but there are more of us than there are of them. Let’s make sure we show it!
- Click here to sign up for the Indivisible Truth Brigade. Propaganda, false characterizations, intentionally misleading messages, and outright lies threaten our democracy and even our lives. We can effectively combat disinformation, despite the well-funded machines that drive it. People believe sources they trust! Lies are on the ballot this November and when lies are on the ballot, we have both a moral and an existential responsibility to stop them from winning. Sign up to learn how to fight disinformation in a way that drives change and protects our communities from the threat of extremism.
- Do you live in a rural area? Click here to join our National Rural Program. We have special election resources and calls specifically for our rural Indivisibles where you can learn more about strategies and issues specific to Indivisibles living in rural areas. If you want an idea of what that looks like, click here to check out our agenda and notes from previous meetings.
The work of defending democracy continues with your help. Donate right now to ensure we can fund all of our election work this cycle and pull out the win next week.
Tuesday, November 1:
Join us for a phonebank for Mandela Barnes. This one will be focused broadly on get out the vote efforts for his incredible candidacy RSVP to join at 6pm ET/3pm PT.
Thursday, November 3:
We’re having a voter contact bonanza with our West Pod. We’ll be texting for Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (WA-03) and Kim Schrier (WA-08) while also phonebanking for Mary Peltola (AK-AL), Mark Kelly (AZ-Sen), Will Rollins (CA-41), and Jamie McLeod Skinner (OR-05) — RSVP to join us at 8pm ET/5pm PT.
Friday, November 4:
Our Midwest Pod will be hosting a national phonebank for Mandela Barnes (there’s a rumor there will be games and prizes involved), RSVP to phonebank with us at 5pm ET/2pm PT.
Saturday, November 5:
Our East Coast Pod will be joined by Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona for a national phonebank for John Fetterman (there’s a rumor there will be games and prizes involved here too). RSVP to join us at 12pm ET/9am PT.
Sunday, November 6:
Like Wisconsin, we have a razor thin margin for error in Georgia. We cannot afford to let Herschel Walker (and his draconian views on abortion) win. RSVP to phonebank for Raphael Warnock at 4pm ET/1pm PT.
Monday, November 7:
Andrea Chalupa of Gaslit Nation joins us once again to lead a phonebank for Lauren Underwood (IL-14) and Mandela Barnes (Wisconsin – Senate). Word is we may have a special guest joining us. Click here to RSVP for the 4pm ET/1pm PT phonebank.
When that’s finished, hop over to join our South Pod to phonebank for Sheri Beasley and Raphael Warnock (one more opportunity for possible games and prizes) — RSVP to phonebank with our South Pod at 6pm ET/3pm PT.
Check out our newest Indivisible Unpacked resource — American Horror Story: MAGA Congress. We’ll walk you though exactly what MAGA Republicans have planned if they regain control of Congress on November 9. From revenge impeachments, to mandatory flag salutes, to new limits on free speech, learn about their big, scary plans here.
IndivisiWin of the Week
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up on the latest information, and text “INDIVISIBLE” to 59798 to opt-in to our text messaging program where we send rapid response actions a few times a month.
We have opportunities every day through the election to help get out the vote. Join us, and let’s save our democracy.
In solidarity, Indivisible Team
Indivisible Action is a Hybrid Political Action Committee fueled by the grassroots movement to win elections and build local, independent progressive power nationwide. Read more about the formation of our PAC here.
Grassroots donations, not foundations or large gifts, are our single largest source of funding. That means we’re accountable to, and fueled by, Indivisibles on the ground. Chip in $7 to keep fueling our movement.
To give by mail, send a check to Indivisible Action, PO Box 43135, Washington, DC 20010.
Contributions to Indivisible Action are not tax-deductible.