Given the challenges facing our country, Washington lawmakers have a historic opportunity to defend and advance equity this legislative session.
Washington can serve as a model for the rest of the country by passing laws and breaking down barriers to ensure those in our state can exercise their freedoms, access resources, and live safely and securely in our communities, getting to the root causes of problems and building a better Washington for everyone.
Our legislative priorities for this year focus on:
- Abortion access and equitable access to health care for all
- Protecting people’s privacy
- Reducing police violence and strengthening accountability
- Ending solitary confinement
- Decriminalizing drug possession
With your help this session, we’ll continue to fight until the promises of liberty, safety, and justice are real for everyone.
Thanks for sticking with us,
ACLU of Washington
American Civil Liberties Union
125 Broad Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10004, USA