The Benton County Democrats welcome new members. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month – 7PM at the Local 348 Laborers’ Hall on 2505 Duportail Street, Richland, WA 99352. If you would like to volunteer, please email the chair at Chair@BenCoDems.org.
Some ways you may help are:
- Candidate Support
- Voter Registration
- Doorbelling & Direct Voter Contact
- Office Work
- Help with Mailings
- Put Up Yard Signs
- Communications and Outreach
- Technology Support
- Legislative Action
- Ballot Measures
- Help with Events
- Host an Event
- Become a PCO – Precinct Committee Officer
Precinct Committee Officers – PCOs
The Revised Code of Washington sets up the rules for each party to elect Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs). PCOs may also be assigned by the County Chair for those precincts which did not elect PCOs.
PCOs serve for two years. Their purpose is to:
- * Help educate people in their precinct about important issues
- * Get Out the Vote
- * Serve as a member on the County Central Committee, influencing such things as the county party platform and local Democratic activities
If there is no PCO elected in your precinct, you can submit your name to be considered for appointment as PCO by our BCDCC County Chair. Please e-mail: Chair@BenCoDems.org to find out if your precinct has a PCO, or to ask to be appointed. Being a PCO is a lot of on-the-ground, in-the-trenches work, but it is vital to developing our voter base.
You can find out more about becoming a PCO on our Documents and Resources Page.